*ESHIALO SHILALA*

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Time

Having Fazal in our lives has given new, more complex meaning to time.

To start with, he was "supposed" to be born today, Sept. 20th, but arrived two weeks ago, on Sept. 5th. We weren't surprised because we both had an instinct that he would arrive before his due date, but it was the first indication that we were now on his schedule.

Then there's the fact that he doesn't know the difference between night & day, and seems to prefer being awake at night, at least most of the time. When I think I can't do one more 3am feeding, I think of all the millions of other parents up at that very same moment doing the very same thing.

Fazal stayed with his daddy at work today for several hours while I took the car to be repaired and to stock up on baby items. We are very fortunate to be able to do this and that Jafred gets much time with him because of it. Here I was, on my own, driving around, listening to music...and I missed my baby sooo much I almost cried. A surreal sweet kind of interdependence has developed without us even realizing. I called home three times on my cell phone to check in. A good reminder to enjoy every precious moment with the little guy, whether it's at 12 noon or 12 midnight.

Now to go change a diaper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home