*ESHIALO SHILALA*

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fazal's First Three Days

We are very excited to introduce our son, Fazal Heaphy Mato, born Wednesday September 5th 2007 at 6:55pm. He weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and was 22 inches long. He is quite adorable, and had many visitors even in his first 24 hours.

Fazal is a Persian name meaning "knowledge". His namesake is Mirza Abu'l Fadl (with a dot under the d), the preeminent Baha'i scholar of the East during the 19th century. We have simply Anglicized the spelling. His middle name is Heaphy, his mother's maiden name.

We are all at home now and doing well. Here are a few photos from his first three days.

His very first photo taken just minutes after birth.



Another early photo He made a new friend, his guardian rabbitResting on Day 2
Napping today, Saturday Sept. 8th 2007 at home (his 3rd day)
More photos to come...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Elin said…

    He is soooo cute!!! Congratulations you two!!!! The amazing part is now beginning. I just posted new pics on my blog
    http://elinkambuga.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I stumbled upon a link to this site by chance! Congratulations!! I lost the bet...I thought it was a girl. Hope to see all three of you soon!

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    opps...that was Tara who just posted

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Ailsa said…

    Well congratulations on the birth of your son!!! I just found out about it via Paul. Seeing your photos made me cry; it seems like yesterday our little one was this size (now 14 mos).

    I am very very happy for you both and send you all my love

     

Post a Comment

<< Home